How it all works.

I'm trolling New York City collecting maps from flyers, government reports, informational brochures and such with the notion that all these maps will all somehow join together to create a complete map of NYC. The maps have to exist in real life- no downloads and cannot be rescaled or cut to fit.

Friday, June 25, 2010

An idea of how it will look


My phone decided to delete all my photos so I've no pictures of my recent trolling, it hasn't been very interesting anyway. Starting from 86th St I've been methodically walking up and down the avenues trying to find maps of the Upper East Side and Harlem- dreadful awfulness but worth it since every voyage nets about three new maps. That's not to say that the Upper East Side and Harlem are awful, just that I've been there a lot recently and I'm tired of the place. I want to explore! but I'm determined to finish Manhattan by September by jingo. Anyway here is a terrible picture of a badly aligned Manhattan and Brooklyn to look at. I'm glad I did it because it's clear to me that DUMBO is way too big and will destroy lower Manhattan if I leave it in. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment