How it all works.

I'm trolling New York City collecting maps from flyers, government reports, informational brochures and such with the notion that all these maps will all somehow join together to create a complete map of NYC. The maps have to exist in real life- no downloads and cannot be rescaled or cut to fit.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Inwood make!


I got tired of trolling either side of Central Park fruitlessly searching for dreary maps of fancy pet shops, shops selling baby clothes and Italian restaurants and seek the greener pastures of Inwood. A beautiful part of Manhattan juxtaposing massive tenements set amidst tranquil greenery on one side of Broadway and teeming commercial activity on the other side. I only got a sniff of its arse yesterday as you can see from the map but I'm going back tomorrow to get a better look.

I took a picture of this darling little Irish bar I came across and the festive Irish poster there in the window. I didn't go in, I was too afraid. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment