How it all works.

I'm trolling New York City collecting maps from flyers, government reports, informational brochures and such with the notion that all these maps will all somehow join together to create a complete map of NYC. The maps have to exist in real life- no downloads and cannot be rescaled or cut to fit.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Score


For weeks I've been trying to find anything of the Upper West Side to no avail and then in the midst of a day-time drinking haze I find this crazy book of maps- published by Globe-Trotter, written in Japanese for visitors to NYC. From river to river almost to 125th st. Good stuff. Is it cheating because it's such a big map. Hopefully not, I use the big map as a template and typically it is covered up with the little maps. Given the dearth of culture, shopping, restaurants etc around the tree-lined retirement avenues here, it might be all there is.

Also I severed upper Manhattan from the lower while I work on it because the file was so huge it kept crashing my computy.

No comments:

Post a Comment